Monday, April 1, 2019

Critique Reflection Blog post- Montage

This is critique reflection of the Montage film that my group and I created. To begin, there were curtain comments my film received from classmates. One really good thing that stood out a lot was Monish's acting. his acting seemed realistic and genuine. The fact that he wore the same outfit during the shots was also brought up as a good thing. I thing that I feel i personally did best in my film was appropriately cutting each shot. I think that the general 1-3 seconds that I worked with gave the film a very natural feel. One area that I need to improve on was possibly the incorporation of sound into the film. If I were to put background music into the film, it would be much more natural of a film to watch. During the editing process, my group mates suggested that I improve in the area of special effects which I can agree with since using more effects make the film stand out more and adds creativity and color. Finally, form the films I have created I have observed certain strengths and weaknesses that I have as a filmmaker. I believe that a major strength I have is acting. I believe my acting to seem natural and realistic. Also editing wise One of my strengths is timing. A Weakness I have is definitely in the area of being creative in editing a film. I could improve in doing things like adding cool special effects, or cool background music that suites the film well. A strength I have that could use even more improvement would be in the area of operating a camera. Overall I am very good at shooting strong shots but sometimes get confused when setting the camera up.

No comments:

Post a Comment